Improve your overall health and fitness with a tailor made strengthening program
Strength training is about more than just gaining muscle mass. It’s about working on your less used muscles – including your abdominals, glutes, hip muscles, and the muscles surrounding your spine – in order to improve stability and better support your spine.
On top of this, strength training can make your life easier by enabling you to do everyday tasks at home and in the workplace with greater ease.
Furthermore, it’s a safe and effective way to recover from a recent injury or major surgery by rebuilding lost muscle mass, while improving your joint flexibility, posture, and overall balance.
Benefits of strength exercises
Whether you require strength training to become better at sport, or to just perform daily activities in the home or workplace, a tailor made strength program can help:
- Increase your muscle mass
- Make your bones stronger by increasing their density and thereby reducing the risk of fractures
- Keep your joints flexibility and reduce the risk of arthritis
- Increase your balance and flexibility
- Help you burn more calories and lose weight faster
Whatever your ideal strength goals, your mobile physiotherapist will work closely with you to establish realistic and achievable goals, and help you get there in the safest, most comfortable and efficient way.
Individual programs for you
Andrew Hamilton is a qualified mobile physiotherapist with over 22 years of experience helping all types of people improve their strength and fitness levels.
On a suitable day and time, Andrew will personally visit your home or aged care facility. He will assess your current fitness level, establish clear and realistic goals, and help you achieve those goals by recommending a range of safe and suitable strength exercises.
All sessions are held in the comfort and privacy of your own living space.
Plus, Andrew brings all the necessary tables and equipment to you. So you don’t have to worry about spending money on – or making space in your living room – for expensive equipment.
What to expect from your program
Most strengthening programs are divided up into stages.
Each stage is designed to focus on specific muscle groups, typically starting with the deep muscles that stabilise your spine, before moving onto developing your arm and leg movements and focusing on core strength exercises.
Furthermore, each stage becomes gradually more challenging as you progress. Of course, Andrew will carefully monitor your progress, and ensure that you only move onto the next set of exercises until you have fully mastered the basics first.
Most people benefit from at least 2-3 strength training sessions per week. The frequency of each session may vary based on your circumstances.
Types of strengthening exercises
The type of exercises you get will depend on a range of factors. This includes your current level of fitness, any pre-existing conditions or disabilities you may have, and the goals you hope to achieve.
If you’ve recently had surgery, your surgeon’s guidelines may influence what exercises you can and should be doing in order to recover.
Some of the most common strengthening exercise we help our clients learn include:
- Weight lifting and training
- Resistance bands
- Pilates and yoga
- Exercise balls
- Wobbleboards to improve balance
Your individual program may involve a combination of the above mentioned treatments. Again, your physiotherapist will determine the best combination of treatments to suit your specific needs.
Why choose mobile physiotherapist Andrew Hamilton
- Physiotherapy in the comfort of your homeDon’t have the time or capacity to visit a physio clinic? Let Andrew come to you. He will arrive on a time and day that is suitable for you, and bring all the necessary equipment you need to train on the day.
- Fully qualified expert you can trustAs a fully qualified, insured, and registered mobile physiotherapist, Andrew Hamilton has the skills and knowledge required to help you achieve your personal fitness goals.
- Personalised strengthening programsRegardless of your age or fitness level, Andrew will assess your current physical condition and implement a tailor made strengthening program to suit your individual needs. If you’ve recently had surgery, Andrew will liaise with your surgeon to ensure the program is right for you.
- Honest upfront costBefore each session, you’ll be given a detailed quote so that you know exactly what to expect in terms of cost. Our prices are highly competitive with physio clinics in your local area.
Book an appointment today
Ready to improve your strength and fitness levels? Discover the benefits of home care physio with a visit from Andrew Hamilton.
To book an appointment with Andrew, call 0418 124 298 today.